Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To be a rich grad student...

So there are zillions of divisions under the Department of Health and Human Services and all of these divisions work to make sure your tax dollars go to something useful. My program looks more specifically at divisions addressing minority disparities in education and health, which are staggering. But on a positive note, if you're interested in going to graduate school in science or math, there is a ton of money out there that can pay your way. The catch is finding out which divisions can give you money. So all you science and math grad students out there slaving away grading lab reports or working a second job, contact me and I'll see if I can direct you to a pertinent division with money!

Here's the main point: policy makers realize that America is slipping far behind in science and math, so they've allocated lots of money to address it, especially in education. Yet as a minority female aspiring scientists, a prime candidate for some of these federal funds, I had no idea these opportunities existed. I wonder what would happen if more people knew about the availability of all this money...

No comments:

Post a Comment